Can I use plastic sheeting for a Greenhouse?
Fed up of damaged or broken greenhouse glass panels?
Acrylic for Greenhouses
Acrylic glazing is an ideal replacement for glass. Acrylic is extremely durable, strong, doesn't shatter, light in weight, and visibly very clear. It has everything you need to flourish and grow. No more replacing broken glass windows.
Plastic greenhouses transmit light very well, better heat retention and generally help plants that love heat to grow. Plants will benefit considerably from the protection of these cost-effective greenhouse panels.
PET (Polyethylene terephthalate) for Greenhouses
Our clear Polycarbonate is ideal for greenhouses,thermal insulating more than 50% better than glass, offering a much more stable temperature, needing less heating or cooling during the different seasons.
Plastic Greenhouse Panels Benefits
- Strong enough to resist breakage on impact. (vandal proof)
- Suitable for continuous exposure to UV light transmitted by the sun.
- Resistant to chemicals used in graffiti removal and cleaning agents.
- Resistant to attack by fire
- Suitable for salty maritime wind exposure.
- Rigid enough to remain flat.
- Perfect for making cloches and cold frames
- Lightweight - less than half the weight of glass
- Low in contraction and expansion to avoid swelling or warping
- Resistant to wind and extreme changes in temperature
- Able to have visible physical damage removed through restoration.
- Environmentally friendly
- Good thermal insulation
- Ideal for outdoor use
- Much safer than glass with children around the garden
- Easily shaped, cut and drilled
- Fully recyclable.
Plastics Direct, through working together with its customers and suppliers sourced and developed a unique product which met all of the target objectives above and has now created a range of finishes, sheet sizes, colours and thicknesses for many similar applications. This product was PET. Click here to view our range of PET sheets that we stock.
Link below: Video is of PET sheets being tested for impact strength, The weight of the pendulum is around 45kg. The first sheet tested is 3mm thick Nudec Polystyrene and the second sheet tested is 2.7mm thick Nudec PET.(Polyethylene Terephthalate)